Monday, March 06, 2006

Sunday, March 5, 2006

News from Los Angeles

I just heard and sent my congratulations to Maria Elena Durazo who was elected as chief of the L.A. County Federation of Labor. I am happy for her and Los Angeles. She is one great and powerful leader.

Condolences
My deepest sympathy to Tim Towery my friend and our board member who lost his aunt Sharon Harris and his uncle CM Towery who passed away in the same week. There are no words to describe my sympathy to him for his great loss.

Let me also express my condolence to Daniel Cardona of my staff who also lost his father last two weeks ago. Daniel is a fine young man who has given much to his family and community.

Loosing a parent, aunt or uncle is not easy. It is a great experience because it affords us the opportunity to have a sense of spirit. In this modern day of technology we don’t allow ourselves much time to really focus on spirituality. While we will miss the ones that we love very much, it is their spirit that is never lost and death provides the channel to connect and keep that connection with them forever.

I know so well. Later this month will be the anniversary of the death of my mom. It has been six years. Than later this year it will be my dads anniversary. It was not easy for me, but living life that followed the losses was incredible. While I miss them tremendously, I pray never to loose the spirituality that I gained as a result of that experience.

My prayers are with you…..

Father Peter Get Well Soon!
Another great friend and board member of The Wall-Las Memorias Project was hospitalized recently with a viral infection. Sophia his wife recently sent out the news and said that his condition had improved. Please remember him in your thoughts and prayers…..

No comments: