Monday, March 06, 2006

Friday, March 3rd


I was up early to take the train to Madrid with a change over in Palencia. The ride was fine and I was on board an old train car…with no coffee…dam!

I arrived in Palencia for an hour or so…nice town…got my coffee there. Then on the train to Madrid…I was a typical tourist. A typical tourist, peering out the windows and taking plenty of photos.

I had the pleasure of meeting this beautiful woman by the name of Helena. She is a native born Espanola. We talked for most of the trip and you can see a photo of her on my photo blog. Along the way I got to see some snow and again took plenty of photos. The sky’s here are gorgeous. They are a bright blue and the clouds are clear.

I arrived In Madrid on Friday afternoon and picked this Pension on the Gran Villa…Awful…and It seems that my luck in getting the best places on run out…. The mattress lumped in the middle and both my head and feet stuck up right in the air…

Friday nights sleep was not the greatest. The next day, I found a pension that had everything that I was looking for…. heat, cleanliness, cable television and even Wifi Internet…. right in the middle of Chico…the gay community. I got acclimated for the most of the day on Saturday.

No comments: