Sunday, April 09, 2006

Saturday, April 8, 2006




I was out most of the day...I took a train to Guimares...Below is the description of the city that I pulled off of the Portugal Tourist web page....please feel free to access my photo blog to capture a small glimpse of the city..


Guimarães

Portugal’s birthplace, with medieval castle and walls, houses a magnificently well-preserved historic centre. In the cloisters of the church of Nossa Senhora da Oliveira is the Alberto Sampaio Museum; and the cloister of São Domingos Convent houses the Martins Sarmento Museum. In the ancient dominican convent stands the Sacred Art Museum. Also deserving special mentions are the palace of the Dukes of Bragança (15th-century), the church of São Miguel (Romanesque), the church of Santos Passos (Baroque), and the monastery of Santa Marinha da Costa (converted in to a pousada). Nearby lies the early settlement of Briteiros.

While I was there and stopped by an ancient church, I witnessed a marriage ceremony....I was in the church as someone was getting married...and I was not even invited to the reception...imagine..

No comments: