Thursday, February 16, 2006

February 16, 2006

It has been some time since I last entered in this journal....I have been having a bad time with the wireless internet at the local starbucks....on Las Ramblas...in Barcelona....I think that the system might be overused with all of the customers trying to get in on the free wi fi service...

Today was actually a very nice and warm day...I went to the starbucks and spent several hours there until my battery went out on me....The manager is this fine lad from Portugal.....He is very professional and interested in my background...as I am interested in his native country....I plan to visit Lisbon and Fatima very soon....

I also picked up the local daily called El Perdiodico which is a fantastic publication. Reading it is not easy....while I do fairly well in reading La Opinion.....I feel that I can understand the Spanish back at home....but here...it bit different.....they dedicated an entire section to the politics of the Unites States...and they are not very fond of our president...

Later in the evening...I went to get a bite to eat and met a young american girl who is traveling throughout Europe....at the age of 18....her mom founded a recovery home for women in Santa Barbara, California...the mother has eight years of being clean and sober....I just realized that I will be coming up on my 16th year...on the 24th of the month...

I ended my evening going back to Starbucks...and met two guys from England....and another round of bush bashing....They were angered by America....and disappointed it her...I cannot blame them....a sobering thought...to end the evening....here I am in a county that last year approved marital rights to same sex----about thirty years after the end of the Franco regime....for all of those who are too young to remember...he was a right wing dictator who silenced millions of people......

It is now early in the morning.....may I say good night....

No comments: